|Where the Berry Breeze Blows|
Feb 4, 2012
"Where the Berry Breeze Blows" is an episode of Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures.
Plum carries a box of swimming equipment while explaining to Postmaster Bumblebee that she and the other berry girls are trying to hurry up and pack for their vacation they won. Since summer is almost over they need to hurry if they want to have time to enjoy it, and she checks to see if she got anything in the mail; overjoyed upon finding the maracas she ordered.
Meanwhile, Strawberry is busy baking away at the Market Place but she can't help but think she's forgetting something when Postmaster Bumblebee shows up to give her a letter. She hurries up to finish the apple pastries she has been preparing as Plum and Cherry excitedly chat and overlook a page of the place they will be staying at. Slowly the others show up with Blueberry expressing her desire to surf, and Raspberry excited to enjoy the scenery while Lemon plans to sunbathe.
The girls sing together when Orange shows up with a checklist for the vacation. She would hate for them to forget anything important and they requests copies of it, so that they can all be prepared. She agrees and everyone splits up for the day to finish getting ready.
The following morning, everybody is packed and impatiently waiting for the Butterfly Bus when Orange mentions it should have been there by then. Cherry points out that something is coming; but it ends up only being a breeze. This is followed by a random Berrykin driving by, and a few hours later Orange finally sees someone else. It's Postmaster Bumblebee, with a letter for Strawberry from the Berry Breezy Bay Hotel telling them that unfortunately due to the berry berry breezy weather the resort was closed.
Disappointed, the berry girls attempt to figure out what they can do now to make up for their cancelled plans. Blueberry offers to do some research to find a new resort, but Strawberry points out that with summer almost over it would be too time consuming. Orange then suggests that because they can't go to an island, perhaps they can "bring the island" to themselves by using the beach area in the City to turn it into a resort. The girls are somewhat doubtful of this idea, but Orange thinks it's at least worth a try and gets straight to work while the others watch and express concern.
Soon, Strawberry starts to put faith in this plan and she tells the others that as long as they help Orange, they can probably make something wonderful. They agree and offer their assistance to Orange, so she stops to give each girl a job; such as setting up menu, various resort items, the "peach pink" sand, and various other details to make the perfect resort.
After the pink sand is all spread out, Raspberry begins to make a sandcastle and has a lot of fun. But when Orange deems the sandcastle of being not-so perfect, she gives her a picture that will help her make a perfect sandcastle.
Berrykin Bloom then comes by to explain the trouble trying to shrink the palm trees that Orange wanted. To give proof of that he has the others bring out one, but he promises that come tomorrow it will be even smaller. He takes off as Raspberry builds another sandcastle- only for a big coconut to run over it.Lemon and Strawberry are still trying to make the specific peach pink sand but struggle to make it work.
Meanwhile, the wind machine is not blowing enough breeze and Berrykin Bill asks his helpers to try to peddle harder. It gust from the wind becomes so large that Raspberry's sandcastle is destroyed for a third time.
Seeing the damage from the wind frustrates Orange Blossom and she appears to have given up. Her friends check on her to convince her that she did her best, but she took on a project that was probably too big for them. She ignores them, claiming she made a much better, and easier plan to make this resort more like the Berry Breezy Bay Resort they were to go to, then asks that they reunite with her shortly so that she can give them new assignments. She walks away from them, unaware of how upset the other berry girls are becoming over her high expectations.
Strawberry decides to speak to Orange, realizing that the others have a valid point. Orange is confused that only Strawberry came, but Strawberry simply observes her new, modified plans before taking out the berry first plan Orange made and didn't use. She asks what the problem with it was, due to its simple and fun-looking nature, but Orange claims everything was wrong with it. After Strawberry brings up that everyone was enjoying themselves in this plan, Orange finally realizes she was being bossy and not giving her friends the freedom to have any fun because she wanted the perfect resort. She didn't bother to pay them any attention, nor did she keep any of the fun aspects in it and pretty much made them unhappy.
Upon regrouping, Orange apologizes and reminds her friends that instead of focusing on perfection, they can focus on having fun while they do their work. Everyone is in a much better mood, and together they get to work pouring sand, building, painting, planting, making sandcastles, surfing, and posing for pictures.Orange is very happy that they managed to build a beach perfect for them and because they all had fun, they could focus on finishing the work and everyone feels a lot better. Orange cuts the ribbon they had tied to it for the ceremonial opening and they all decide that they will begin their vacation official tomorrow.
With that in mind, Cherry and Strawberry play music together and sing. After finishing, Orange and Strawberry begin to discuss their paradise they created and they run out to go and surf with the others.
- (opening scene: Plum is walking, carrying a box of her diving gear. Postmaster Bumblebee flies nearby)
- Plum: Good morning, Postmaster.
- Postmaster Bumblebee: (chuckles) You're getting ready for your vacation, I see.
- (a strong gust of wind make Plum stop, and pushes Postmaster Bumblebee backwards)
- Postmaster Bumblebee: Feel the chill in that breeze!
- Plum: (sighs) Yeah... not much summer left. We're trying to get going before it's over. Ah! Oh, I nearly forgot: do you have anything for me today?
- (Postmaster Bumblebee opens the mail bag, and takes out a purple package)
- Postmaster Bumblebee: Well... well, well, well, hmm... what have we here?
- (Postmaster Bumblebee shakes the package. It makes a rattling sound)
- Postmaster Bumblebee: Hmm, now, let's see... they're six dozen dried kidney beans, or...?
- (Postmaster Bumblebee hands Plum the package. She puts the box down and takes the package)
- Plum: The maracas I ordered last week!
- (Plum opens the package and takes out the maracas. She rattles them excitedly)
- Plum: Thank you, Postmaster! These are for our trip. When we get to Berry Breezy Bay Resort, they're gonna know we arrived!
- (Postmaster Bumblebee gives Strawberry a package)
- Postmaster Bumblebee: Delivery from Happy Pappy Snap Apple Farm.
- Strawberry: Perfert! (giggles) Thank you. Now I can finish my Snappy Happle Apple snacks. Would you like some? Oh, they're very good.
- Postmaster Bumblebee: No, can't. I'm on that new buttercup diet. (chuckles) Well, happy vacation!
Orange learns that while it is good to plan in advance and have control over a project, there is a balance between having fun and striving for perfection. She wanted the beach to be exactly like the resort they couldn't go to anymore and was so focused on emulating it that she didn't realize how misserable she made the others and actually slowed down progress. But when she loosened up a little to let them have fun and work, the girls got finished fairly quickly and were no longer in poor moods.
- Running gag: Raspberry's sandcastles repeatedly being destroyed.
- When Strawberry reads the letter from the hotel, she holds it in her left hand and the envelope in her right hand. A moment later, the envelope disappears.