|The Berry Big Harvest|
Nov 5, 2011
"The Berry Big Harvest" is the first episode of Season 2 of Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures.
Orange struggles to deal with an overflow of new products at her store.
Strawberry is busy setting the tables for the Cafe as Custard and Pupcake run around to watch. They almost manage to trip her but she is able to balance herself to avoid breaking anything. She continues on to pour many glasses of orange juice, then she realizes she has plenty of time before the Cafe opens, so she attempts to clean some things. After recalling that she already did, she decides to just shop for some strawberries in the mean time.
While running by she greets her friends and stops by the Salon. Lemon brings up the new hair fragrance she made for Strawberry, but she is too busy and promises to check it out later. After she reaches Orange Mart, she asks if Orange is in need of anything while she is out shopping, then continues once Orange asks for some sunflower seeds.
Eventually Strawberry reaches the Berryglen. She sees that Pupcake and Custard followed her, so she kindly tells them to stay still to avoid making a mess and goes to retrieve her items. She plucks a few of the seeds from the sunflower when it begins shaking. She falls down multiple flowers and lands onto the ground, trying to determine what caused the flowers to become so small. She goes on to find that many pumpkins and various other plants have shrunk as well, and further down she finds the Berrykins singing as they gather tomatoes and flowers.
Strawberry spots Berrykin Bloom working on an odd mixture and questions the shrinking items. Berrykin Bloom explains that that various plants are being shrunk to get them gathered easier, but they got too much produce this way. To make things easier on them, Strawberry offers to take the extra items back to Orange Mart with her.Meanwhile, Orange is gathering up the items a Berrykin needed when Berrykin Bill comes in to ask for some wood. Orange then proceeds to list all the types of wood she has, stating that she's having a sale on willow, which Berrykin Bill decides to get. He also asks for sunflower seeds, to which Orange mentions Strawberry will be bringing them back soon and she comes outside to see many boxes and containers of fruit left by Strawberry.
Berrykin Bloom asks if Orange has enough room for all the fruit and Strawberry offers to help Orange make some room for it, but Orange insists she can do it herself and that she'll be fine.
The other girls are pretty confused and are unable to understand why the fruit and vegetables are everywhere. Strawberry lets them know of what has been going on with Orange, who keeps insisting that she can do it on her own. Raspberry then shows the other girls just how "in control" she really has it, showing the hectic display of Berrykins trying to get their orders.
Lemon asks Strawberry about the fruit and Strawberry passes on the message to Orange, telling her that the pears and peaches are beginning to wilt in the sun. The girls watch as Orange runs outside to try to fix them and soon she has put up a display covered by umbrella to keep them nice and shaded, along with some pinwheels for a nice breeze and perfume bottles full of water.
The girls decide to head to Strawberry's for breakfast and to give Orange some time to work.
Strawberry chats with Lemon over the phone a bit later, mentioning how it seems almost everyone in town is at Orange Mart. Lemon points out that Orange is still refusing to let them help, despite clearly needing it. Strawberry brings up that because Orange didn't show up for breakfast, so she ended up giving her food to Pupcake to avoid wasting it. Lemon then brings up that it is close to lunch, so Strawberry decides to bring a snack over to Orange.
To her shock, she finds a huge line of Berrykins has formed.Orange has built an elaborate system of tubes throughout her store, with the vegetables and fruits in order to make things more smooth due to the sudden increase of customers. Strawberry hands her the sandwich she made but Orange makes it clear she's too busy to eat right now, and apparently has been up for a pretty long time. The two girls watch as Berrykins then proceed to get sucked into the tubes, some getting stuck, some breaking the tubes - causing food to fly everywhere throughout the shop and town.
Berrykins roll out of Orange Mart, fruits splatter on the new dress Raspberry made, the badminton birdy gets hit by one, berry juice sticks on the dance studio floor, and it disrupts one Berrykins Art Lesson - though Blueberry is pleasantly happy with it. Seeing the mess, Strawberry offers to lend Orange a hand, but she is quick to turn down the offer again.
In secrecy, the girls decide to lend Orange a hand. They gather the various items they can find and can be salvaged and chat while discussing how nobody blames Orange for her crowded store. Strawberry gets an idea from this and she heads back to visit Orange.
Later on, the girls begin to build the Market Place. They come to a stop after a while, declaring themselves to have done enough work. Berrykin Bloom then shows up saying to Strawberry that his special plant food that shrinks fruits and vegetables to their size also shrinks the time from seed to harvest and that he has a new crop coming in only two weeks, which means the Market Place needs to be built in half the time. With that she calls her friends to get them to come back as the episode ends.
- Strawberry (Whispering): Why are we whispering?
- Strawberry: Hmm, I smell something...
- Plum: (sniffs) Uh, mangos?
- Strawberry: No, an idea.
- Strawberry: So, as I was saying... I need to ask you a favor.
- Orange: Anything.
- Strawberry: Well, I have this dream of--Custard, no!
- (Custard is playing with an orange as if it was a ball)
- Strawberry: Like I said--that's not a toy! This dream of opening a side business...
- Orange: Yeah? (gasps) How fun! What kind of business?
- Orange: Thank you for shopping at Orange's general store, where there is a place for everything and a thing for every place!
- Strawberry is humming the Berrykin theme song. They sing it a few minutes later in the episode.
- The list of woods Orange has: Pine, Cherry, Oak, Mahogany, Peach, Apple, Elm, Ash, Hickory, Ebony, Cedar, Poplar, Maple, Spruce, Sycamore, Teak, Rosewood, Rubber-wood, Cotton wood, Walnut, and Willow. She listed peach twice, and had a sale on Willow.
- This is the first episode featuring the Market Place and Apartment.
- The first appearance of Berrykin Bill.
- This is the first episode to end on a cliffhanger.
- The fourth wall is broken in this episode when a tomato hits the screen, causing it to slowly sink to the bottom while it fades to black.
- Orange's inventive side begins to show with this episode.
- This is the first time to show a baby berrykin and parent together.
- In this episode, Orange calls her store "Orange's General Store".