|The Berry Best You Can Bee|
Oct 19, 2010
"The Berry Best You Can Bee" is an episode of Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures.
Strawberry learns a life lesson while working at the Bumblebee Post Office, after one of the mail bees gets sick and she offers to replace him.
The episode begins as Strawberry is finishing a letter to send to a friend of hers. Orange takes it to the mail slot as someone suddenly sneezes and sends letters all over the place. Inside the room, Postmaster Bumblebee is busy gathering them as the other bee seems terribly ill. They suggest he goes home, being too sick to work and he proceeds to sneeze his way outside as Postmaster Bumblebee tries to figure out what he can do. All of the other bees are on vacation and the only one there is sick.
Explaining that he is the only person to deliver the mail and explains that he must hurry since Mr. Clem Cricket's birthday is today and he had a special gift he wanted to give. A bit sad that it will be late, he goes to leave when Strawberry hurriedly offers to do the mail delivery for him.
She mentions her scooter, and that she has a day off from the Cafe. So she can help him and confirms she will do this when he hands over the hat all mail personnel must wear when on the job. Jadeybug then hunts for the right stamper, only to see it's missing. After a few minutes she finally manages to locate the right stamp and Strawberry leaves as Plum congratulates her and comments on the hat.Plum and Orange are unsure if Strawberry can really do this but she assures them she can, since it's still morning out and that leaves her with plenty of time to get there and back. As she is on her way over, she is suddenly interrupted by Lemon who mentions having a problem at the salon. Rushing inside, the two girls discuss what happened to Blueberry and Strawberry is only stunned for a moment before adding that she needs to leave. Strawberry recalls a cake recipe that kept coming out too hard like that and adding some pudding helped, so she suggests that in order to fix it, Lemon should add Vanilla pudding, and then some stay-in conditioner with some avocado oil. She mentions that Blueberry will still come around, even if she can't fix it though.
Back at Orange Mart, Jadeybug informs Orange that a recent storm has caused the pathway to become blocked. Strawberry won't be able to get through, but when Orange tries to tell her she is too late.
Eventually coming to a pathway Strawberry sees a bunch of big logs blocking her path. She mentions they have to keep going, but just leave her scooter behind since there's no way around it that they have time to look for. So she climbs over the logs and twigs as Pupcake follows. On the other side now, Strawberry questions how much further remains. She sees a sign with a few different parts when suddenly the wind causes the sign pointing the way to Acorn Acres, where Strawberry needs to go, to fall off. While trying to figure out the way she should go, two ladybugs suddenly begin to argue.They resume arguing, then told Strawberry they need her help to figure out who is right, then go on to mention that to mention they lost their picnic basket and argue over who lost the basket and who is the hungriest. After mentioning it "grew away" and point out a flower nearby, Strawberry offers to help them and continues on her way after retrieving the basket of food. She talks to Pupcake, suggesting they try another path.
Strawberry mentions she has to deliver a package, once the twins ask her if she was going to stay for their picnic, then bicker over which direction is right. After she thanks them, Strawberry heads along her way until she comes to the river they mentioned. It's then Strawberry falls through a hole.
With some help, she manages to get out and the two sit there in defeat while trying to figure out what to do when suddenly the bridge collapse on them! She then goes back to her scooter, rather upset that she failed and drives back to town to see Blueberry watering some plants. Strawberry explains of the many incidents, then leaves to go and tell the Post Master what happened.Back at the Post Office, Strawberry explains what happened, Postmaster Bumblebee doesn't seem too disappointed and is rather impressed that she got as far as she did, knowing she feels bad about this when Blueberry suddenly comes by with her idea. After she gathers everyone in town, they show Strawberry the amazing new thing they put together: a special modified version of her scooter (with many butterflies) and with that in mind, she heads back quickly in order to get to Mr. Cricket's house.
As she arrives, the episode comes to an end as she gives the package to Mr. Cricket. He thanks Strawberry heartily.
- (Strawberry is in Orange Mart, preparing a letter for a delivery)
- Orange: Wow! This letter is going all the way to Berry Big City? Must be pretty important!
- Strawberry: Very important. It's a birthday card to a friend of mine.
- Strawberry: Uh... "Do not open until Christmas" ?
- Jadeybug: Of course, it'd be cheating.
- Strawberry: Huh?...but, it's his....birthday.
- Kadiebug: What do you know about nice?!
- Sadiebug: Ah, nice is my middle name.
- Kadiebug: No, it isn't.
- Strawberry: Excuse me...
- Sadiebug: Yes.
- Kadiebug: Is not.
- Sadiebug: OK, what is my middle name then?
- Kadiebug: Ladybird. Your name is Sadiebug Ladybird Berrybeetle.
- Sadiebug: (gasps) How'd you know that?!
- Strawberry: I have to deliver a package to Clem Cricket. If only I knew how to get there...
- Kadiebug: Alright! It's his birthday!
- Sadiebug: Yep, too bad he didn't have a party.
- Kadiebug: Maybe he didn't invite us.
- Sadiebug: Why would someone not invite ME?
- Strawberry: How did you know it was his birthday?
- Sadiebug: He's a friend of ours.
Several lessons were taught to Strawberry in this episode:
She learns the importance of persistence and to continue reaching for long-term goals. Even if others are unable to help or believe it was futile, it's important to keep going. On the other hand, she also learned that some goals are beyond our capacities - but this is not to say we failed and there is no need to feel bad about it. The most important thing is to try your best.
Brainstorming with others may lead to solutions we are incapable of finding on our own.
No matter the hurry, it can come in handy to help others by sacrificing our time and will make both parties feel better.
- This is the first time Strawberry is mentioned having a day off from work.
- Kadiebug and Sadiebug are given their first dialogues in the series. Their main, first introduction would be in the next episode.
- This is the first appearance of Jadeybug and Postmaster Bumblebee.
- Custard does not appear in this episode.
- Raspberry is the only berry girl who is not given any lines in the episode.
- This is also the first episode to show a Berry Girl without any dialogue and show up as a cameo.
- The stamps on Clem Cricket's package say: "Do not open till Christmas", "Fragile", "This end up", "Return to sender", "Special delivery". Jadeybug then offered to add the "Don't drop this package" and "Sorry, doesn't live here anymore" stamps, which Strawberry graciously refused.
- This is the first episode showing Strawberry in a different town other than Berry Bitty City.
- There are hints that this episode aired out of sequential order:
- It is theorized that Clem didn't invite the Ladybug Twins over for his birthday because of their rude behavior shown in "Strawberry's House Pest".
- The twins already appear to know Strawberry, although she was just shown meeting them in the episode above.