|The Berry Best Vacation|
Feb 18, 2012
"The Berry Best Vacation" is an episode of Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures.
The Berry girls are in the middle of going over the items they will all need for their vacation to make sure they have gotten everything ready by then. Strawberry tells Berrykin Bill that he and the berrykins can vacation here also, since they had all helped to build it and they begin to wonder what is keeping the others from showing up on time. Raspberry has trouble with her parasol; Blueberry is too busy trying to go through a stack of books she "needs" on the vacation, especially "Patty Persimmon and the Case of the Beach Burglar" (all three parts); Lemon wonders what's wrong with her special sunscreen she's been working to make; and Orange has trouble walking as she wears her snorkeling attire due to being unable to fit it with her other items.Suddenly as Blueberry and Orange converse, they see Raspberry fly out of her boutique when her umbrella collapses on her once more. They soon come across a distressed Plum wearing her mermaid costume, as she wished to get some water ballet practice in. She is stuck in some vines so they are quick to help her while Cherry and Strawberry find them shortly after. Then they all begin to worry that something bad may happen.
It's then when a news van arrives, and Mavis Maraschino comes out of it. She explains to the group that she is in the making of a brand new television series - "Lifestyles of the Berry Big Bitty Stars", and the first episode is about Cherry and where she spends her vacation. A purple berrykin named Bertram suddenly comes out and begins to record the scene going on while Cherry tries to tell her that she isn't interested, but Mavis does not listen. Cherry tells her that they won't be going to Berry Breezy Bay and Mavis cuts the recording and gets a bit worked up. The group explain that the resort they're going to is one they made themselves, but they keep the location discrete.
Until she challenges it by claiming it's probably not very good. The berry girls get offended and upset, and they go to prove to her that it is just as good as any five star resort.
At the beach the girls show Mavis while she goes on to say that they may still be able to do this show with some edits so she tells the Berrykin to resume filming before claiming that they are at the Berry Breezy Bay resort, But Strawberry goes on to say that its the Berry Bitty City's resort instead. An annoyed Mavis states that the audience wants glitter and glamor, before she walks off.
Everyone is beginning to grow upset since they think Mavis will ruin their fun time and Cherry promises to fix it, since Mavis only came to see her. She quickly hides under Raspberry's collapsed parasol with her, which makes her get the idea of hiding from Mavis every time she comes by and they quickly hide on the beach, with each girl hiding under her hat with only her feet sticking out. Then when Mavis goes each hat one by one she gets fed up and walks away, revealing that Cherry hid under a blanket and an empty garbage basket.
Later on, Mavis is still on the search for Cherry. She refuses to give up so Cherry offers to just give the interview she wants so much in order to make her leave. So in a little while, Mavis comes by the girls in the middle of a barbeque and she yanks her away, shoving Blueberry out of her chair. She then insincerely apologizes for tossing Blueberry off, then roughly sits down Cherry. As Mavis begins to insist that Blueberry leave to get Cherry a drink, Cherry instantly says she can't do this since she does not want her friends to do things for her, when she can do them herself.
Mavis then decides to check in as Raspberry and another berrykin bring over some items. Orange points out that next summer they will probably have a lot of guest due to a great review. Cherry then suggests that she just politely asks Mavis to leave. However, Strawberry is a bit concerned since they have never asked anyone to ever leave Berry Bitty City. After Raspberry points out she would never want to leave, due to the comfort its then Cherry gets a brilliant idea!
That evening, Mavis resumes filming as Strawberry goes over the plans with the small berrykins dressed as crabs. They begin the plan and Cherry runs across the beach to tell Mavis that a whole bunch of crabs have begun to attack and a "Lizard monster" appears. Then they have a pretend storm occur and Mavis panics as a bunch of dust being blowing around furiously. She runs and smacks right into Lemon, who seems to have acquired chicken pox and Mavis runs in another direction until she finds a spot to hide.Cherry and Strawberry approach and suggest to her that she leaves if she is upset now. Mavis suddenly is inspired to make a different show instead of celebrity reporting - an extreme adventure series titled "Mavis Maraschino against nature" about exciting adventures and hazardous moments, based on what just happened. She informs them that she plans to stay permanently now.
The following day, Blueberry meets with the other berry girls at Strawberry's Cafe in order to speak with the others. Apparently Mavis wants to take a lunch on her trip while she goes around to explore the new ground. Cherry once again gets another idea and she asks for the original draft Strawberry wrote for her entry in a contest, along with some publishing skills from Blueberry.
When Mavis comes by, Cherry shows her the new issue of "Beyond Berry Big Adventure" magazine she recently got. Mavis takes the issue and reads the special report from the traveler Maxine Maximum about her adventures in an exotic perilous island, which makes Mavis angry that someone else may be getting a "scoop" that belongs to her. She orders Bertram to book them a flight to that island. Just as Mavis and Bertram are about to leave, using the Butterfly Bus, Cherry voices her concern, beginning to feel badly for tricking Mavis. Strawberry and Cherry then go to admit that they lied and explain that Blueberry made the magazine, and it isn't a real one. Hesitantly, Cherry also explains that they just want to spend vacation having fun, not filming some sort of television show. But Mavis refuses to listen and leaves to go and explore uncharted lands.
As soon as Mavis and her assistant leave, the girls start cheering and go on to try to enjoy their beach. Until it starts raining.
Gathering some umbrellas, the girls all crowd underneath of them while sitting or standing at the beach chairs. They all feel sad that they cannot spend the day playing on the beach when Cherry begins to laugh about all of the silly things they did to get rid of Mavis. Strawberry adds that while it may not have been the vacation they wanted, it was still a lot of fun. Shortly after, Cherry notices the rain has stopped so the girls quickly go to enjoy a nice round of volleyball when Lemon begins to scream.
Apparently her face has now turned Orange due to too much papaya in her sunscreen.
- Plum: It's me, Plum. I think one of my fins is stuck!
- Orange: You wearing fins too?
- Plum: (chuckle) My Mermaid outfit. Just want it to do some water ballet. I...
- Orange: Didn't have room to pack yet?
- (Blueberry giggles)
- Plum: How'd you know?
- Orange: Lucky guess!
- Plum: Uh... What's um?
- Orange: That's Raspberry!
- Plum: Ohh! Morning, Raspberry!
- Raspberry: Morning, Plum!
- Plum: (sighs) Is everything gonna go wrong this morning?!
- Mavis: Oh Cherry, where's my little superstar?
- Strawberry: Quick under here!
- Raspberry: Cherry, what are you doing here?
- Cherry: Shh!
- Strawberry: Hi, Mavis!
- Raspberry: Hi, Mavis!
- Blueberry: Hi, Mavis!
- Orange: Hi, Mavis!
- Plum: Well hello, Mavis!
- Mavis: (frustrated) Well that is it. I can't find her!
- (Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberry, Orange, Plum giggle)
- Strawberry: Great idea, Cherry!
- Cherry: (giggles) It worked!
- Strawberry: Crab Control to Lizard Leader, Crab Control to Lizard Leader, The crabs are ready!
- Plum: Lizard Leader to Crab Control, The lizard is ready!
- Strawberry: Operation: make Mavis comfortable is a go!
- Cherry: Here goes.. (pretends to be screaming)
- Mavis: Cherry Jam?
- Cherry: Run for your life, It's the attack of the pinching crabs!!!
- Lemon: (screams) Too much papaya!
- Mavis: Bertram! Do we shrink from a challenge?
- Bertram: (sighs) We rise to it...
The girls realize that even if they could not do exactly what they planned, spending time with friends it can be just as fun.
- Running gag: Raspberry's umbrella closing on her.
- This episode reveals that Berry Bitty City has things like hamburgers, though prehaps they were made out of a pink fruit or vegetable.
- This is one of the few occasions when all of the Berry girls become angry.
- Berrykin Bertram (Mavis' assistant) is introduced in this episode.
- It is Mavis' second visit at Berry Bitty City, following "A Star is Fashioned".
- Mavis and Bertram arrive by the news van, but leave by the Butterfly Bus. It is unknown what has become with the van, since Mavis does not use it on her next visit at Berry Bitty City ("Dance Puppy Dance").
- At the opening scene Strawberry addresses Berrykin Bill by his correct name, but while they play the prank on Mavis she calls him "Berrykin Bruce".