"Have a berry nice day!"
Cafe owner, Chef
Strawberry Shortcake is the main protagonist of Berry Bitty Adventures.
Strawberry is a hard worker that runs the Berry Bitty Cafe and gets a lot of things around the city done. She is depended on by others for her wise, open-minded views about everything and can befriend just about everyone.
Strawberry Shortcake is a young girl with fair skin and bright green eyes with a row of freckles. Her hair varies between magenta and red and reaches her waist with multiple curls and worn with a pink strawberry hat with green leaf flap. Beneath her hat she wears a green and white striped bow with a strawberry in the middle. Her lips are light pink.
Her common outfit consists of a pale pink-white blouse with a strawberry surrounded by two green diamonds with lines through them. The skirt portion is pink with magenta dot print, worn with green and white striped tights and Maryjane shoes usually a shade of pink or red.
During Season 3 and 4, Strawberry would be shown pulling her hair into a low ponytail usually worn over one of her shoulders, held with a green scrunchie. With it she wore a pale pink and white striped tank-top with dull green short-shorts and pink flats.
Strawberry Shortcake is a young, sweet, and spirited girl with a lot of creativity and a positive outlook on life. With this she is able to befriend anyone with ease, along with her passive nature. She always puts the needs of others before her own and while she does not to hurt feelings, she has no problem being honest with others either. She also tries to lend a supportive hand whenever someone needs help or may need the courage to tell the truth to others. She is seen as a leader among her friends and is always eager to help out.
Compared to the other girls, Strawberry has a very high tolerance when it comes to rude people and problems in general. It takes a lot of stress before finally reaching her cracking point. When distressed, she becomes discouraged and the solution becomes difficult to see immediately. An example of this was when her beloved pets, Pupcake and Custard went missing.
Usually very level-headed and with a calm, cool attitude, Strawberry likes to see the glass as half-full and look on the bright side. She tries her hardest to never let problems get the best of her and does as much as she can to solve them before they spiral out of control. Though she may not be as brainy as Blueberry, her open-mindedness makes her very modest and humble. She prefers to plan things out rather than rush headfirst into situations. Rather than being proven right, Strawberry's only wish is for everybody to be safe and happy, even if it means sacrificing her own happiness in the process and possibly even causing more problems for herself, until everyone confronts the problem head on.
Strawberry has a golden rule for every event, game, competition and project: the most important thing is to have fun. If things become too stressful or inconvenient, she would speak with the one in charge, gently point out the problem and suggest to change the attitude.
In the series pilot Strawberry was a published recipe author and acts the same as she does in the series. In the Movie she was hopeful and courageous; until stress took a toll on her - in which she suffered a breakdown and loss of faith in herself and her decisions. This however, only lasted until the others reminded her that she isn't the type of person to lose hope.
Official Hub Profile
Strawberry Shortcake may be itty-bitty, but she's full of big possibilities. She loves adventure and believes you can do anything if you try. She's a berry good friend who's always ready to help. She's kind and smart, and she loves her pets. With Strawberry Shortcake, things are growing better all the time.
Strawberry possesses many talents and seems to be quite the natural when it comes to trying anything new. Her first and foremost favorite hobby and skill relies in baking or anything food-oriented. She runs the Berry Bitty Cafe by herself and can make just about anything, but she also enjoys testing out new recipes during her spare time.
Besides baking and cooking, Strawberry has shown a huge interest in writing, dance, and singing.
In comparison to the earlier episodes, Strawberry has learned to become more of a leader and has greatly improved her leadership skills. At first she found it very hard and stressful until the others realized they put too much work on her. But now she approaches it with a much calmer outlook and remains fair and impartial to the decisions or requests of others.
- Raspberry Torte: One of Strawberry's best friends. Due to Raspberry's sensitivity, she can be stubborn and hard on herself. Strawberry is always there to show her that they all care for her and only want the best for her. Raspberry is often the first to point out Strawberry's strengths.
- Blueberry Muffin: One of Strawberry's best friends. Strawberry often comes to Blueberry for help with writing. Blueberry is often the first to wonder what Strawberry would think in a certain situation. Also when troubles arise, she is often the first to ask Strawberry for help and answers. The two are very close.
- Orange Blossom: Orange and strawberry are good friends. Despite being similar, their outlooks are very different. Orange likes to rush into things, whereas Strawberry likes to plan things ahead. They both have deep respect for each other and never dispute.
- Lemon Meringue: One of Strawberry's best friends. Strawberry supports Lemon's creativity and corrects her when things get out of hand. Whenever Lemon gets an idea, she can become obsessed with it and Strawberry is usually the first one to be honest with her.
- Plum Pudding: In many ways, Plum is a foil personality-wise to Strawberry, the two are very different. However, Strawberry and Plum happen to be close friends and often lend a supportive shoulder to each other. When the clouds roll in, they would waste no time and go to the ends of the earth for each other.
- Cherry Jam: Strawberry was one of Cherry Jam's biggest fans and unlike the others, she was the first one who appreciated the real her and saw her for who she really was. As a result, the two of them are very close and have a lot in common. It was Strawberry who helped Cherry realize what she needed in life. They are often together, singing and writing songs.
- Huckleberry Pie: Huck is often unsure of himself and tries too hard to please everyone. Strawberry tells him that they already like him and truly appreciate what he does for everyone. She helps him see the good in himself whenever he gets discouraged.
- Sweet Grapes and Sour Grapes: At first she didn't seem to know what to think about the twins when they showed up. Over time she got to know them and how they often bicker or disagree, and she tries to remain impartial during these times unless one is clearly at fault.
- Apple Dumplin: Strawberry admires her cousin and her adventurous nature, but she struggles to handle her bolder personality. As her younger relative she tries to be kind to her and ignore her own problems she may have from something Apple did. She cares greatly for her.
"Oh muffin crumbs..."
"Right as Raspberries!"
"Berry Bitty City isn't so bitty anymore..."
"Even though we're bitty, we can do big things!"
"That's the spirit Lemon!"
"Oh my..... Oh me!"
"Um...aren't you suppose to have a leash?"
"I know! I'll make a Pupcake cupcake!!"
"Custard, please come back!"
"What in the Berry Bitty World? (Gets splattered with icing) AAAAH!!!"
"(To Cherry when the twins fight): Quick, play something!
- Tracey Moore provides Strawberry's singing voice.
- She is the only Berry Girl in the group to own two homes.
- She is also the only Berry Girl to have moved from her original home in the 4th season.
- Strawberry is allergic to Hibiscus flowers.
- Strawberry has been referred to as a "Purity Sue" by older fans.
- When alarmed, or really happy, Strawberry tends to use food/fruit based sayings.
- The makers of this series have stated that its mandatory for Strawberry to almost-always deliver the lessons of the episode.
- Strawberry is the only girl consistently wear a hat.
- As of Season 4, she shares this trait with Apple Dumplin.
- Strawberry's favorite type of book is a picture book.
- Strawberry was possibly the inspiration for Taffyta Muttonfudge, a Sugar Rush Racer from the 2012 Disney animated movie, Wreck It Ralph.
- Strawberry sounds like Rainbow Dash from G3.5 My Little Pony.
- She had 2 roles as a counterpart characters in season 4: