"When I win, I don't want to have to share the glory."
Owns Sweet Beats Studio
Purple, Lilac, Pale Blue
A single plum with green or blue lining.
Ashleigh Ball (Canada)
Plum Pudding is one of Strawberry Shortcake's best friends and main characters in the series.
A carefree dancer with a big heart- and a bigger competitive streak. Every step she takes is filled with movement, which comes in handy when she teaches dance at her studio.
Plum has fair skin with purple eyes and pale violet lips. She has purple hair pulled into a high, slightly curled ponytail held by a blue scrunchie with two plum-shaped accessories. Her bangs are mostly brushed to one side of her face, almost reaching her eye with a few short, loose curls of hair in front of her ears. Rarely she can be seen with her hair down.
Normally Plum wears a lilac dress with a two-layered ruffle skirt, the second layer being powder blue to match her plum adorned belt. She also wears a light purple elbow-length bolero with a single plum button, light purple ballerina flats with a plum on each shoe, and purple leg warmers over white and lilac striped tights.
For casual outings later in the series, Plum could be seen wearing a white or pale blue top with a single plum design in the middle, worn with sky blue short-shorts, indigo leggings, and pale blue flats with lilac bottom. For warmer weather she instead wore lavender short-shorts and a pair of purple and pale blue sneakers with a white toe.
Plum is friendly and lively; full of pep with a perky spring in her step. Her energetic nature is enough to push anyone forward and keep them going, while her warm heart allows her to comfort any friend in distress or try to help them at the drop of a hat. She is also known for being the goofy girl in the group, often finding amusement in many things. She also enjoys pranks and jokes, but never mean ones. In terms of tense or scary situations she relies on this side to get the others through the situation while she herself is anxious or panicking.
Early on during the series, Plum exhibited a somewhat childish nature as well. Whenever she would get upset or angry with someone, she would lash out at others or seek revenge on the one who may have caused it. She could also be irrational at times and let her imagination get the better of her.
While normally thoughtful, she is passionate and somewhat hot-blooded. She struggles when it comes to things that make her competitive, as she only looks out for herself and being the best and may push her friends past their limits without realizing it. She always means well, but can become blinded by her desire to win at all costs.
Official Hub Profile
Always on the move, Plum seems to hear a happy dance beat wherever she goes. Plum's kind heart and quirky ways makes her a favorite friend in Berry Bitty City.
The best dancer in town, Plum is highly graceful and flexible. She incorporates these talents into mostly everything she does, unless instructed otherwise. She knows many forms of dance, and even gives sessions to help one relax their muscles or calm down, as well as teaching exercise.
Plum also appears to be pretty good at sports and enjoys them on a regular basis with her friends.
- Raspberry: They seem to be close and show up together fairly often. Usually when one of them has a problem, the other notices it and will try to help fix things.
- Strawberry: They are close friends.
- Blueberry Muffin: While they are friends, they do not seem to share much in common and rarely interact outside of group activities.
- Orange Blossom: Another friend, who she can be found with fairly often.
- Lemon Meringue: Same as above.
- Cherry Jam: Plum idolizes Cherry and treated her as a celebrity, rather than a friend. But after she learned that this wasn't her true personality, she was quick to befriend her.
- Huckleberry Pie: Plum befriends Huck when he auditions for Prince Charming in "Berryella and Prince Charming". She also teaches him to dance, despite how frequently he hurt her feet. In "Doggie Dance No-Show" she was grateful that Huckleberry offered Tom Tom for her performance and she gave him a friendly hug.
- Pitterpatch - A Dog she gains from Huck in season 3. She was shown to have trained him fairly quick.
- Sweet and Sour Grapes - A pair of Twins the girls meet and befriend in Season 4.
- Apple Dumplin -
- "Pupcake's the thief? It's always the cute ones..."
- "And when I find out who has done this, they will have to answer to the wrath of Plum!!!"
- "Pitterpatch doesn't need a leash."
- In the previous series, Blueberry was a dramatic girl with an interest in dance, while Plum was the reserved and bookish type, based on her original personality. In this series, their personalities were switched.
- Ironically, they rarely appear together outside of the group.
- Plum is the only girl who wears her hair up at all times, except on rare occasions.
- She is also the only girl to wear leg warmers on a regular basis.
- Despite how much she dances, practices, and twirls, she can get dizzy fairly easy.
- It is revealed in "Too Cool for Rules" that she loves Gooseberry Pie.
- In "Berryella and Prince Charming", the ringtone of her cellphone is the song "Anything is Possible".
- Plum's voice actor also voices Rainbow Dash and Applejack.
- She was the second Berry girl with a current my little pony voice actress, with Lemon being the first.
- Eventually Blueberry became the fourth, while Sweet Grapes became the fifth.
- In "The Berry Bitty Dance Disaster", Plum was teaching the girls to dance for belts.
- Despite being a performer, she suffered from stage fright in "Practice Makes Perfect", but got over it soon.
- She learned to play the drums.
- There is another toy doll by the name of Sugar Plum Pudding from the Sweet Treats series. Both girls are purple themed and are dancers with experience in ballet.