In one episode, her appearance is fully revealed in the form of a stand. Patty is fair-skinned with slanted blue eyes worn with red cat-eye glasses. She has long orange hair pulled into pigtails held with gold ribbons and straight cut bangs. She wears pink lipstick.
Patty wears a dark orange trench-coat accented in white to match her shirt, white and green leggings, and pink flats.
Patty has brilliant detective skills and a good memory for details. She is capable of juggling at least ten cases at once and comes off as being essentially perfect.
Patty Persimmon is first mentioned on "Where oh Where has my Blueberry Gone?", when Blueberry is shown reading the book series. She finds herself infatuated with the story and began to emulate her book idol, though she demonstrates rather poor detective skills. Her friends convinced her that she was no longer herself, and helped her get over that obsession. Blueberry realized this and began to tone down her interest, deciding to sell off her extra books related to the series, but remained a fan of Patty novels.
In "Practice Makes Perfect", Blueberry lends Cherry one of Patty books "Mystery of the Missing Mozzarella" during her time off from stardom.
In the following episodes, Blueberry writes detective stories inspired by Patty's novels and sends them to "Berry Bitty Mysteries" magazine, thinking that whoever likes Patty novels will automatically like her stories too. Blueberry's stories are rejected for the very same reason: because her writing style is too similar to Patty novels. Huckleberry persuades her to write original stories.
List of Known Patty Books
- The Case of the Missing Friend
- Patty Persimmon, genius detective, and the case of the mean, nasty, berry naughty Glimmerberry thief
- Mystery of the Missing Mozzarella
- The Case of the Missing Mangles
- Patty Persimmon and the Case of the Beach Burglar
- The Secret of the Feathered Fish
- The Mystery of the Purloined Parasol
- The Creepy Cabinet Caper
- The Thespian Theater Thriller
- Tennis Caper Anyone?
- The Mystery of the Haunted Cellphone
- The Case of the Gone Gone Gondolier
- The Half Explained Case of the Half Empty Milk Glass
- Patty Persimmon's Curious Case of the Crumbling Cookie
- The Mystery of the Mangled Macaroon
- "It's time to get a clue or two!"
- "I think I'm getting the better of this mystery before it betters me!"
- Patty dislikes blueberry muffins.
- She does not have a middle name.
- She was born in Cricket Crossing and then moved to Berry Bitty Glade.
- Her favorite breakfast is persimmon pancakes with pumpkin butter, coconut syrup and macadamia nuts.
- She is the only character shown with her hair in pigtails as the normal style.
- She is the first girl shown to need glasses.
- Sweet Grapes is the first Berry Girl shown wearing them normally however.
- Patty is the second orange-themed character, following Orange Blossom.
- Raspberry and Orange have read at least one of Patty novels, as revealed on "Lost and Found", but it is the only time they refer to Patty. They do not seem to be devoted fans of her.
- She has tons of merchandise, as revealed by Blueberry.
- Behind one of the bookcases in Blueberry Books there is a hidden collection of Patty's mystery club detective hats and the official Patty's magnifying glasses.
- Mr. Toad Simmons, the editor of "Berry Bitty Mysteries" magazine, appears to be a fan of Patty since her pictures decorate his office.
- The author of the Patty Books are currently unknown.
- The cover of Patty books is ornamented with a symbol of a persimmon with two branches.
- It is possible this would be Patty's symbol if she was a berry girl.