"Try to let Berry Bitty City like you for who you are."
Book Store Owner
A Blueberry orb
An intellectual type who learns everything from the books she surrounds herself with. A little arrogant but she always means well and can be a bit shy.
Blueberry has teal-colored eyes and pale violet lips. Her dark blue, straightened hair is worn with a matching colored headband accented with lavender and a single blue sphere resembling a blueberry.
Normally she wears a pale blue shirt with blue dot print beneath a light blue shirt with elbow length sleeves held with a blue and purple button. Her straightened skirt is denim-colored with a sky blue blueberry icon designs on the lower right corner, worn with a lavender belt. She wears green and white tights and dark blue flats resembling her headband.
During Season 3 and 4, she could be shown wearing a very pale blue tank-top lined in lavender with a blue and purple blueberry print design all over it. It included sky blue leggings beneath a blue pleat skirt, purple slippers with sky blue accenting and a blueberry on each toe. She was seen with her hair in pigtails during the girls time out.
Mature and wise, Blueberry knows facts about basically everything. She spends so much time surrounded by books that she is always able to recall something she read from one or know exactly where to find the book someone may be in need of. She is very knowledgeable and usually well-mannered, which can sometimes confuse her friends due to her use of big words.
With her sharp wit Blueberry puts her smarts to use with most things; from knowing random facts to organizing, making plans or maps, and scheduling.
Normally though, Blueberry is reserved, sweet, and soft-spoken. She tends to be thoughtful of others and is a caring friend, but sometimes she forgets some things and may accidentally hurt someone's feelings or offend them. However, the moment she realizes she has done something, she will attempt to fix it in her own way.
Possibly because of her vast knowledge and above average intelligence, Blueberry isn't always modest. Once in a while she can act like a know-it-all and be just slightly stingy or rude. Whenever something seems fake or unreal, she will go out of her way to prove it wrong, but only because she believes it's the best thing to do and she will quit if proof is given to her. She also has a habit of obsessing over things and has no problem whining whenever she's unhappy. Her crankiness has also come up multiple times during the series now and then, showing that Blueberry can be a little mean when agitated. She also has a bit of clingy-ness in her and can get jealous kind of easily.
Despite all this, Blueberry will stand up for what is right and never backs down from her friends. She never loses sight of her morals and voices her opinion often. Blueberry doesn't stand for mistreatment and does everything in her power to make things right. Blueberry always tries to keep her friends in line and is almost always the first to admit her mistakes. Blueberry brings the logic and level-headedness to the group and truly cares for her friends. That love for her friends helps her to be humble and modest and tells her that her friends mean more than anything to her. However, Blueberry is really fun and friendly and likes to read stories to baby Berrykins. She is mostly modest and very kind, friendly and polite.
Official Hub Profile
Blueberry Muffin is one of Strawberry Shortcake's best friends. She is very smart and loves to read. Sometimes Blueberry Muffin forgets things, but she always remembers to be a true blue friend. Is there anything she loves more than books? Her friends!
Blueberry is known for being one of the smartest people in Berry Bitty City. She always knows the facts whenever needed and seems to pick up a new skill pretty quickly. She is reliable and learns a lot of new things from all the reading she does. So much in fact that she's even learned how to speed read!
Blueberry also handles the work when it comes to making guides for the others, say during a hike, a poster for an upcoming show, or even making a map or a layout chart. She has shown to have a photographic memory and can recall things if she has studied the images enough.
She is the only one to understand Mr. Long Face's big, fancy words, and she also speaks them herself. So she takes it upon herself to translate what longer words mean whenever the others may be around.
- Strawberry Shortcake: Strawberry is one of Blueberry's greatest friends. The two are very close and often go to each other for advice or help. Whenever Blueberry loses her cool, Strawberry is usually the one to set her path straight. Likewise, whenever Strawberry needs help, she will often seek Blueberry. Whenever Blueberry sees the error in her ways or hears of an injustice, she almost always goes to Strawberry first. They trust each other and their bond is unbreakable.
- Raspberry Torte: Raspberry has few interactions with Blueberry, not as many as the other girls. However, the two are often paired together, be it in a group, in certain scenes, or in the background. This hints to a close relationship. Raspberry has a knack for seeing the strengths in others, so she sees Blueberry's strengths and is often the first to point them out when she radically changes. Aside from that, the two are good friends and would never do anything to hurt the other.
- Orange Blossom: Orange is one of the logical girls of the group. Rather than the book smarts Blueberry is known for, Orange excels in street smarts. Like Blueberry, Orange enjoys organization and harmony. They both also have equal views on the treatment of others. However, they differ in their approach to concerns. Blueberry is more quiet and to herself, whereas Orange is very open and expressive. They both can let their emotions get the better of them. It's these factors that make them close and very good friends.
- Plum Pudding: Plum is somewhat of a foil to Blueberry. Blueberry likes to think and plan ahead, Plum likes to go with the flow and do whatever she feels like doing. Despite this, the two seem to make their opposites attract. They rarely ever disagree with each other. Plum never hesitates to speak her thoughts, which can lead to some frustration. However, this can help Blueberry see what others think about her, even if it hurts. Plum is another person who helps Blueberry to be level-headed and keep her on the right track.
- Lemon Meringue: Lemon is one of the more expressive members of the group. She often lets her emotions guide her. As such, she can get passionate with her ideals, even to the point of obsession. Blueberry helps her keep a level head and in the right place. Likewise, whenever Blueberry becomes obsessed, the roles reverse. The girls are good friends and they always have each others concerns in mind. Blueberry respects Lemon's passionate nature and doesn't get in her way unless she needs to correct her. It is often Lemon who asks questions that Blueberry will answer without hesitation.
- Cherry Jam: like the other girls, Blueberry treated Cherry like a pop star rather than a friend. If anything, she was the leader of the "Cherry Jam Fanclub." After hearing of Cherry's true desires, she no longer acted as a fan and became a friend instead. Cherry became one of Blueberry's best friends and they both learned a lot from each other. At one point, Blueberry grew jealous of Cherry's relationship with Huckleberry Pie. However, after learning that Cherry would never hurt her, she gave up on any notions of friend-stealing. The two have a strong bond and always go out of their way for each other.
- Huckleberry Pie: Huck and Blueberry are good friends due to their tastes in literature. It was Blueberry who helped Huck be comfortable with who he is and then Huck also helped her realize this in herself. The two are very similar in manner and their relationship is very symbiotic. They benefit from each others creative ideas and writing styles. The two are practically inseparable and their feelings for each other are deep-rooted, although not on a romantic sense.
- Scouty: Blueberry's adorable puppy she gains during Season 3.
- Apple Dumplin: Blueberry always helps Apple whenever she requests it. Since Apple is very hyperactive, Blueberry tries to advise her and not get irritated.
- Sweet Grapes and Sour Grapes: Sour mocks Blueberry most of the time, to which she ignores. Sweet and Blueberry are good friends.
- "I've read all one hundred twenty Patty Persimmon's books... or was it one hundred thirty...?"
- "No, that's point, fetch Scouty, fetch!"
- (As Mr. McSnivels): "Stealing-shmealing, after that peeling!"
- (As Patty Persimmon): "Ah ha! You there!"
- Blueberry plays music rarely: on "Practice Makes Perfect", she played a clarinet, and played a tambourine at two performances of Strawberry and the Sweet Beats.
- Blueberry is one of the three Berry girls who normally wears a headband, alongside Raspberry and Cherry.
- A lot of official art depicts Blueberry wearing a dark blue long sleeved shirt.
- Despite being the smartest of Strawberry's friends, Blueberry often has moments that play against her character type. Such as:
- "Pop Goes the Garden" - she could not understand how she ended up with popcorn instead of the daisy seeds she ordered. She refused to believe that it was a simple mix-up. Yet Strawberry, who was in similar situation, simply shrugged it off and wrote a letter to the creators of the cookbook to inform them of their mistake.
- "Where oh Where has my Blueberry Gone?" - obsessed with Patty Persimmon books, she began to copy her and had to be tricked by Strawberry to realize how far she took it.
- "Manners Meltdown" - she keeps correcting others about their manner, but by doing so she lacks tact and common sense.
- "Happy First Frost" - she couldn't understand why her friends did not like the present she gave them, although she knew none of them cared for reading the same way she does.
- "No Blueberry is an Island" - after she incorrectly told the others that Strawberry had planned to go on a surprise vacation, she spent nearly the entire episode making up lame excuses, in attempt to keep her friends from finding out she made a mistake, rather than tell them the truth.
- Her favorite snacks are Cranberry Cookies.
- Blueberry is the fourth Berry Girl to sing by herself, alongside Cherry, Strawberry, and Orange.
- As of Season 2, Blueberry's voice has become more high-pitch.
- Ironically, Blueberry was a very good singer when she was singing for a commercial. But in "Partners in Crime", it is shown that she sings horribly. It may be possible she wasn't really trying, or happened to be too stressed at the moment to focus.
- Blueberry's appearance and personality is based on Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno from Sailor Moon. As both girls are intelligent, polite, both girls have blue hair and blue is their theme color.
- Blueberry's voice actress also voices princess Cadance from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and her human counterpart Dean Cadance from My Little Pony: Equestria Girl: Friendship Games. This makes Blueberry another Berry girl with someone who did a My Little Pony G4 voice.
- She and Strawberry are the only Berry girls whose names are included in episode titles ("Where oh Where has my Blueberry Gone?", "No Blueberry is an Island").