"Try to let Berry Bitty City like you for who you are."
Book Store Owner
A Blueberry orb
Blueberry is intellectual who learns everything from the books she surrounds herself with. She can be a little arrogant but means well.
Blueberry has fair skin with blue eyes and pale violet lips. Her dark blue, straightened hair is worn with a matching colored headband accent with lavender ribbon and a single blue sphere resembling a blueberry. At times she may pull her hair into pigtails.
Her normal attire consists of a pale blue top with blue dot print beneath a light blue bolero held with a blueberry button, a straightened denim-color skirt with sky blue blueberry designs on the lower corner. She also wears a lavender belt, green and white tights, and dark blue flats resembling her headband.
During Season 3 and 4, she would wear something for casual outings, including a pale blue tank-top lined in lavender with a blue and purple blueberry print, sky blue leggings beneath a blue pleat skirt, purple flats with sky blue accenting and a blueberry on each toe.
Naturally Blueberry is soft-spoken and reserved, but friendly. She is thoughtful of others and cares greatly, but sometimes may accidentally forget things on occasion, or accidentally hurt someone's feelings or offend them. However, the second she realizes she may have done something she will attempt to fix it in her own way.
Mature and wise, Blueberry knows facts about basically everything. She spends so much time surrounded by books that she is always able to recall something she read from one or know exactly where to find the book someone may need. She is very knowledgeable and usually well-mannered, which can sometimes confuse her friends due to her use of big words.
At times Blueberry isn't very modest, and can come off as rude or acting like a know-it-all. If something seems fake or unreal, she will go out of her way to prove it wrong, but only because she believes it's for the best, although she will stop if she is given proof or told to. She also has a habit of obsessing over things and can whine at times when frustrated and eventually become cranky when agitated. She is also easily jealous, although this is rarely shown.
Despite her downsides, Blueberry will stand up for what is right and never backs down when it comes to keeping peace or uplifting spirits. She never loses sight of her personal morals and voices her opinions often. She doesn't tolerate mistreatment and aalways tries to help keep her friends in line if they need a reality check.
Official Hub Profile
Blueberry Muffin is one of Strawberry Shortcake's best friends. She is very smart and loves to read. Sometimes Blueberry Muffin forgets things, but she always remembers to be a true blue friend. Is there anything she loves more than books? Her friends!
Blueberry is known for being one of the smartest people in Berry Bitty City and brings her logical ideals to the group. She always knows the facts whenever needed and seems to pick up a new skill pretty quickly. She is reliable and learns a lot of new things from all the reading she does.
Blueberry also handles the work when it comes to making guides for the others, including maps, posters for events, layout charts, and so on. She has shown to have a photographic memory and can recall things if she has studied the images enough.
She is the only one to understand Mr. Long Face's big, fancy words, as she uses them from time-to-time.
- Strawberry Shortcake: Strawberry is one of Blueberry's greatest friends. The two are very close and often go to each other for advice or help. Whenever Blueberry loses her cool, Strawberry is usually the one to set her path straight. Likewise, whenever Strawberry needs help, she will often seek Blueberry.
- Raspberry Torte: Raspberry has few interactions with Blueberry. However, the two are often paired together, be it in a group, certain scenes, or in the background, hinting at a good relationship. Raspberry has a knack for seeing the strengths in others, and is often the first to point them out when Blueberry seems to be acting strange. Aside from that, the two are good friends and would never do anything to hurt the other.
- Orange Blossom: Good friends, due to their similarities. Both are logical, but rather than the book smarts Blueberry is known for, Orange excels in street smarts. They both enjoy organization and have equal views on the treatment of others. However, they differ in their approach to concerns and can let their emotions get the better of them.
- Plum Pudding: Plum is somewhat of a foil to Blueberry. Blueberry likes to think and plan ahead, Plum likes to go with the flow and do whatever she feels like doing. Despite this they rarely ever disagree with each other. Plum never hesitates to speak her thoughts, which can lead to some frustration. However, this can help Blueberry see what others think about her, even if it hurts. Plum is another person who helps Blueberry remain grounded.
- Lemon Meringue: Blueberry helps her keep a level head and in the right place when her emotions get the better of her. Likewise, whenever Blueberry becomes obsessed, the roles reverse. The girls are good friends and they always have each other's best interest in mind. Blueberry respects Lemon's passionate nature and doesn't get in her way unless she feels necessary. It is often Lemon who asks questions that Blueberry will answer without hesitation.
- Cherry Jam: like the other girls, Blueberry treated Cherry like a pop star rather than a friend until realizing this upset Cherry. Cherry became one of Blueberry's best friends and they both learned a lot from each other. At one point, Blueberry grew jealous of Cherry's relationship with Huckleberry, but after learning she wouldn't do this to hurt her, she quickly got over it. They have a close bond, being fans of the Patty Persimmon series.
- Huckleberry Pie: Huck and Blueberry are good friends due to their tastes in literature. It was Blueberry who helped Huck be comfortable with who he is and then Huck also helped her realize this in herself. The two are very similar in manner and their relationship is very symbiotic. They benefit from each others creative ideas and writing styles. The two are practically inseparable and their feelings for each other are deep-rooted, although not on a romantic sense.
- Scouty: Blueberry's puppy she gains during Season 3. She loves him and tries to teach him knowledgeable, helpful tricks.
- Apple Dumplin: Blueberry always helps Apple whenever she requests it. Since Apple is very hyperactive, Blueberry tries to advise her and be patient.
- Sweet Grapes and Sour Grapes: At first Sour mocked Blueberry most of the time but she tried ignoring it. Sweet and Blueberry are good friends.
- "I've read all one hundred twenty Patty Persimmon's books... or was it one hundred thirty...?"
- "No, that's point, fetch Scouty, fetch!"
- (As Mr. McSnivels): "Stealing-shmealing, after that peeling!"
- (As Patty Persimmon): "Ah ha! You there!"
- Blueberry was shown playing a clarinet and a tambourine for two performances.
- Blueberry is one of the three Berry girls who normally wears a headband, alongside Raspberry and Cherry.
- Oddly, a lot of official art depicts Blueberry wearing a dark blue long sleeved shirt in place of the bolero she normally wears.
- Despite being the smartest of the group, Blueberry's episodes normally played against it. Such as:
- "Pop Goes the Garden" - she could not understand how she ended up with popcorn instead of the daisy seeds she ordered. She refused to believe that it was a simple mix-up. Yet Strawberry, who was in similar situation, shrugged it off and wrote a letter to the creators of the cook book she was using.
- "Where oh Where has my Blueberry Gone?" - obsessed with Patty Persimmon books, she began to copy her and had to be tricked by Strawberry to realize how far she took it.
- "Manners Meltdown" - she keeps correcting others about their manner after accidentally acting rudely earlier in the episode. But by doing this she was shown to lack common sense and tact.
- "Happy First Frost" - she couldn't understand why her friends did not like the present she gave them, although she knew none of them share her interests in that theme the book is based on.
- "No Blueberry is an Island" - after she incorrectly told the others that Strawberry had planned to go on a surprise vacation, she spent nearly the entire episode making up lame excuses in an attempt to avoid revealing she made a mistake to spare their feelings.
- Her favorite snacks are Cranberry Cookies.
- Blueberry is the fourth Berry Girl to sing by herself, following Cherry, Strawberry, and Orange.
- Starting with season 2, Blueberry's voice has become more high-pitched.
- Blueberry was a very good singer when she was singing for a commercial. But in "Partners in Crime", it is shown that she sings horribly. It may be possible she wasn't really trying, or happened to be too stressed at the moment to focus.
- Blueberry's appearance and personality is similiar to Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno from Sailor Moon.
- Both girls are knowledgeable and enjoy reading.
- Both are generally friendly and polite.
- Both have blue hair and eyes.
- Blue is their theme colors, with the blues used in their attire matching the others.
- Blueberry's voice actress also voices princess Cadance from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and her human counterpart Dean Cadance from My Little Pony: Equestria Girl: Friendship Games.
- This makes Blueberry the third Berry Girl with a My Little Pony G4 voice.
- The others being Sweet Grapes and Lemon Meringue, whose voice actress is Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, and Plum Pudding, whose voice actress is Applejack and Rainbow Dash.
- She and Strawberry are the only Berry girls whose names are included in episode titles ("Where oh Where has my Blueberry Gone?", "No Blueberry is an Island").