Rebecca Shoichet (Canada)
Being younger, Apple is much shorter than the others with light pink lips and light blue eyes. She has the same freckles between her eyes like Strawberry. Her straight, dark yellow hair is worn with a braid on the left held by an apple clip. Her bangs are brushed to the side and she has long, waist-length forelocks. She usually wears a red knit beanie. At times she put her hair in pigtails, held her braid tucked into the left one.
Normally Apple wears a white top with red lining beneath a dark yellow buttoned vest accent by a melon line around the middle. Her orange copper gingham skirt is worn with yellow and white striped leggings and apple colored boots with white bottom and an apple ornament on the back corner. She often carries a brownie or apple purse.
For casual outings, she can be seen in a yellow and gold parka shirt with red sleeves, collar, and apple design in the middle on the bottom. Her short-shorts are melon colored, and she wears orange and red sneakers with an apple motif and white toe. At other times she was shown with a yellow elbow-sleeve top instead.
Bold and lively with unlimited energy, Apple Dumplin is highly curious about the world surrounding her. Like any other traveler or explorer she adores a chance to recall past experiences and showing what she's gone through- although she may exaggerate the truth now and then. She is extremely active and isn't one to keep quiet or sit around boredly, but due to this she can be a bit too much for some people or come off rude without realizing it. She also can't keep a secret.
Apple is smart and knows a lot about technology and fixing things, but at times she may accidentally get too involved and cause problems or worsen things- thinking she was helping. Apple often comes up with new ideas but some end up being half-baked and cause much havoc and inconvenience because she does not plan them adequately (the color/light display in "Berry Bitty Adventurer", the Groove Booties).
Most of all, Apple loves the attention she gets from her exciting experiences in life. But deep down she is actually lonely and fairly bored always moving around, having lost her passion for it sometime back. She admits not to doing it for herself anymore, and worries nobody would like the real her if she quit. She worries she doesn't fit in with others.
Apple specializes in electronics, computer programming and mechanism engineering.
She also seems to be a natural when it comes to anything sporty and knows a lot about exploration.
- Strawberry Shortcake - Apple's cousin. She deeply loves her and wants her approval, but often causes her problems.
- Orange Blossom
- Cherry Jam
- Blueberry Muffin
- Lemon Meringue - Apple is a close friend with Lemon. In High Tech Drama she helped Lemon create a new haircam using two barrettes and make them wireless. She also was responsible for video filming during Lemon's and Raspberry's fashion show. However in The Berry Best Biscuit due to Sour's influence, she insulted Lemon very rudely saying that she should return to beauty school forever as she can't make a nails properly. Nevertheless she quickly apologized for that behavior.
- Raspberry Torte
- Plum Pudding
- Huckleberry Pie
- Sweet Grapes
- Sour Grapes
- "No, I don't wanna cause anybody any bother, I just dropped by for a quick visit, I'll be gone before you can say, "Planes, trains and airplanes!"
- "Thanks Tea Time! Here you go Strawberry!"
- "Tea Time! My scrapbook please."
- (Through phone): "Hi, cousin Strawberry."
- "I can figure out anything. This will be a piece of pie. Or easy as cake. Or you know what I mean."
- "I can turn any boring chore into an adventure."
- Apple Dumplin is based on the baby from the original Strawberry Shortcake. She shares her red and yellow theme coloring with her.
- In the original reboot of Strawberry Shortcake, Apple Dumplin was her little sister and had a red and green theme coloring. However, her hair coloring matched the aged up Apple Dumplin that appeared in one episode.
- Originally it was said Apple Dumplin would not be appearing in this series due to Hasbro's actions against any food deemed to be unhealthy.
- This is the same reasoning that led to fan favorite Angel Cake not being put into the series.
- Apple is the second girl in the show to normally wear a hat, following Strawberry.
- She is the second girl to normally wear a braid, following Lemon.
- She is the fourth girl to wear boots normally, following Orange Blossom, Cherry, and Sour Grapes.
- Apple is the first Berry Girl to be the cousin of another Berry Girl.
- In "The Berry Bitty Great Race" she revealed that she had won 200 races and had prizes to prove it.
- She has a website called "Berry Best Bits". The website includes:
- In the early artwork for her, she had green eyes and red lips.
- Apple's first line and speaking role was through the phone in "Berry Bitty Adventurer".
- In "The Berry Bitty Dance Disaster", the ringtone of her cellphone is the song "Anything is Possible".
- She is the second girl with this ringtone, the first being Plum Pudding.
- Apple's voice actress also voices Sunset Shimmer from My Little Pony: Equestria Girl. This makes Apple another Berry Girl with a G4 MLP voice. The others being Lemon, Plum, Blueberry, and Sweet Grapes.
- She plays a French Horn, but only the episode "The Berry Best Biscuit".
- She tends to use idioms incorrectly, like "spill the cheese" instead of "spill the beans"; "let the cat out of the hat" instead of "let the cat out of the bag".