The grand event is arriving! Strawberry's berry new cafe will be opening in just a few hours! She still has a couple of tasks to do and asks a few Berrykins to aid her in finishing in time. She sends them off to ask favors from her friends, while Custard goes with them in order to keep an eye on them and make sure they don't make a mess or cause problems for her friends. First they head to Plum Pudding's Studio where she is out in the back practicing her dances.
Unfortunately, the Berrykins misheard Strawberry and assume that Strawberry wants hula dancing. Using a nearby flower for a hula skirt, Plum begins to dance, then she leaves for the cafe.
Next, the Berrykins head over to see Raspberry Torte at her Boutique in order to retrieve the dress for Strawberry to wear. But they do not remember which dress that she wanted to borrow. Strawberry wanted the one with the bows, but the Berrykins think it's the one with the rose. Unfortunately, poor Raspberry has an allergy to most flowers and ends up in a sneezing fit. Briefly, Plum shows up at the Cafe and Strawberry realizes the Berrykins made a mistake.
At Orange Blossom's Orange Mart, the Berrykins can only remember that Strawberry wanted something that was orange and sparkly. Not recalling what though, Orange pulls out anything fitting this description, ranging from vases, tablecloths, and laundry detergent. Unsure of which object it is, the Berrykins just tell her to bring anything orange and sparkly.
The same thing happens at Blueberry Muffin's Bookstore. Strawberry only told them that Blueberry put all of the recipes Strawberry uses into one book. But not whether she wanted one copy to display, or a copy for all her friends, which the Berrykins assume. They do not remember which book though; fortunately, Blueberry realizes that Strawberry probably wants copies of her book. Back at the cafe, Orange shows up with everything but what Strawberry wanted and Strawberry begins to realize that something is wrong...
Meanwhile, the Berrykins are at the last stop, Lemon Meringue's Beauty Salon and do not remember what Strawberry asked them to do. They only come up with Lemon giving Custard a clown-themed makeover, when Strawberry really wanted fruit-themed crowns for the party. With everything finished, they return just as Blueberry is telling Strawberry at their lack of being able to remember much. Leading Strawberry to give a small lecture about listening to people when they tell you things. It's then both Raspberry and Lemon show up.
While it wasn't what she wanted, Strawberry makes the best of it, until she sees Custard begin to float away! As the girls watch in horror, the dandelion fluffs start to blow away in the wind and she begins to float closer to the ground. Strawberry suddenly has a plan and, grabbing a nearby tablecloth, she makes everybody grab an edge, then they hula dance to follow Custard around in order to catch her. The Berrykins believe it was their listening that saved the day, but Strawberry reminds them that it was teamwork instead. And the episode draws to an end as the party begins...
- The Berrykins learn that they need to listen carefully and not rush into things without knowing all that is required of them.
- Strawberry and her friends learn teamwork as they work to catch Custard.
- Strawberry: (chuckles) C'mon, silly Berrykins, I know you are as excited as I am, but we only have a little time before my guests arrive. We might be bitty, but when we work together, we can do big things!
- Berrykins: (excitedly) Big things!
- Strawberry: (smells the dish she made) Mmm... strawberry muffins. Sen -
- Plum: (enters) - sational!
- (Strawberry gasps, adoring Plum's skirt)
- Strawberry: I love your hula skirt, Plum.
- Plum: Thanks! The Berrykins said you want me to teach hula dancing to your guests.
- Strawberry: Uh-oh! I said who loves dancing more than you, not hula dancing!
- (they burst out laughing)
- (Lemon and Custard arrive. Custard is dressed like a clown, running on top of a lemon)
- Lemon: Here we are.
- Strawberry: Custard?
- Lemon: She's a cute clown!
- Strawberry: (realizes the berrykins made another mistake) Fruit Crowns?
- (Custard floats in the air)
- Lemon: Oh no!
- Girls: (worried) CUSTARD!!!
- Strawberry: Welcome everyone, let's celebrate!
- (the other girls cheer)
- This is the shortest episode in the series, being only eleven minutes long.
- This is the only episode in the series that has not aired on television. Therefore it is not counted as an official episode.
- The cutout of Strawberry in the library is a modified shot of her basic pose.
- We learn that Strawberry was originally intended to be a cook book author and chef.
- This pilot introduces Strawberry and her friends from Season 1 for the first time.